Tuesday 8 October 2013

Don't blame me

My situation is a tough one. I met him through one of my colleagues from work. We went out a few times and got on pretty well. We decided we would have sex next time we met – I let him know I only wanted to do it using a condom.
When the time came to put the condom on, though, he said he didn’t want to – I said “well let’s not go there then, we can just keep doing what we were doing”. But he got angry and said that I couldn’t stop him. He forced himself on me anyway. I was so upset, as soon as he was finished I got dressed and went home straight away.
I didn’t know what to do, I didn’t want to make a formal complaint to the police but wanted to let someone know and see what they could do. I knew it was rape. So I called the police. They came over and talked to me and we had an informal discussion – they said I didn’t have to report it formally and called it ‘blind reporting’.
I decided not to go ahead with a formal complaint – it’s just so hard to prove in a situation like that – but they said they could put the details on a database even though they couldn’t act on it in any way. Even though he wasn’t punished for what he did I’m glad I talk to the police at least, and they were pretty nice to me.
But it’ll take a while to get over it, to trust again …

No comments:

Post a Comment